Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Carrabba's Italian Grill

Another business that you may want to know about. It's a chain, right? Not really. It's actually owned and operated by an individual. It just so happens that our Mason Carrabba's owner was trained by the Carrabba brothers in Tx. and came up here to open all the Carrabba's. He has sold off all the local Carrabba's except ours. He works as GM and cook. He loves to cook. He taught a cooking class last night and was very good. He explained that he can make items for you that aren't on the menu. He also sells certain products that you can only get at Carrabba's, like their Marsala wine, herb blend, etc. He was open and offered up all the "secrets". I trust people who do this. People who smugly say "It's proprietary or a family recipe" make me want to kick them, maybe that's just me.I'm mean like that. This guy was a straight shooter, great businessman and great cook. I haven't been to Carrabba's in a while but we are going soon.Just of note he said the pasta dish Tagliarni Picchi Pacchiu was so good he had to learn how to make it and thus his future with Carrabba's began. Interesting to me.
They now have Sun lunch hours, too.
152 Merten Drive Mason 339-0901
Is there a business you think we should know about??
PS I should mention that he is teaching the same class again at Cookware's 4/9 (not in brochure just call) due to this class being sold out. The class is $40 and he gives you a $20 gift certificate. Call now - It will sell out.

4 comments:

ricki said...

Yes - Barb hates that they are not open for lunch other days ... she loves their tomato soup.

Karen Osler said...

This guy was so cool. I bet she could just give him a call (mention the atta boy on the blog) and BAM (that was my inner Emeril)he'd give her the recipe.

Mags said...

First of all... HOW COOL is it that your subdivision set up your own blog?!?! I'm in the Meadows at Mason - what a great idea!!

2nd... my 8 year old has chosen Carrabbas as the place to celebrate his family b-day dinner for the past THREE years!!! We just love this restaurant!

:) Mags
magsgraphics.blogspot.com
everydayplaces.blogspot.com
Mason resident

Karen Osler said...

Mags We do have a cool neighborhood. Thanks! I just got back from Dinner at Carrabbas - YUM! Worth the 40 min. wait!