Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mike Ellis' Lawn Care Tips

Great idea Karen. Let's talk lawn care. I was talking to the lawn master (John) this weekend. Later part of February early March you should apply a some type of combo fertilizer/pre-emergent. This will give the grass a feeding plus help slow down the crab grass. A good website to check out is Scotts at http://www.lawncare.com/index.cfm/event/Home.Normal. If you follow their schedule you can't go wrong. John and I both use the Scott fertilizer and you can buy this at Lowes or Home Depot or even Walmart. February is a great time to overseed but you HAVE TO use a special weed/feed fertilizer or it will kill your grass seed. February is a great time to trim the inside of your branches on your trees. I remember hearing last fall that our type of trees are subject to wind damage and you should thin them out on the inside part of the tree. To fight weeds such as crab grass you need a weed/feed later part of Feb, first part of March. I noticed that some Tulip bulbs I planted last fall are starting to come up so the ground is coming alive. All for now.

February 6, 2008 6:05 PM

2 comments:

Karen Osler said...

Thanks Mike this is EXACTLY the help I need. Thank you! You would think living in this area my whole life I'd know these things, but I don't. Thanks and keep me on track!!!

ricki said...

my yard feels healthier already!