Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Welcome to the Neighborhood!

I created this blog as a chance for other neighbors in Mason Fields to communicate and come together as a community. We are so blessed to live in this area and have the resources that we do. Sometimes the area is "too big" and opportunities are numerous. If you have an event , please contact me and I can post it. Do you want to post something? Great! How about sending a picture to post? Contact me. This is everyone's blog. Let's grow together as a community! To contact me- Karen Osler email : oslerfamily@fuse.net or my home phone 336-0312.

9 comments:

Lisarrrtist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Osler said...

No Rick is a better techie than I am and he knows it!

Karen Osler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheEllisFamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheEllisFamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheEllisFamily said...

Great idea Karen. Let's talk lawn care. I was talking to the lawn master (John) this weekend. Later part of February early March you should apply a sometype of combo fertilizer/pre-emergent. This will give the grass a feeding plus help slow down the crab grass. A good website to check out is Scotts at http://www.lawncare.com/index.cfm/event/Home.Normal. If you follow their schedule you can't go wrong. John and I both use the Scott fertilizer and you can buy this at Lowes or Home Depot or even Walmart. February is a great time to overseed but you HAVE TO USE a special weed/feed fertilizer or it will kill your grass seed. February is a great time to trim the inside of your branches on your trees. I remember hearing last fall that our type of trees are subject to wind damage and you should thin them out on the inside part of the tree. To fight weeds such as crab grass you need a weed/feed later part of Feb, first part of March. I noticed that some Tulip bulbs I planted last fall are starting to come up so the ground is coming alive. All for now.

Merkell Family said...

This is an awesome neighborhood!! We have the best neighbors in the world. Maybe we should set aside a day in the spring where we can all work to beautify the neighborhood.

The Klaus's said...

Nice job on the blog!!!

The Klaus's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.