Saturday, May 31, 2008

italian cream soda

By popular demand ... here is a recipe for Italian Cream Soda.
  • 4 ounces Italian syrup
  • 4 ounces half-and-half
  • 10 ounces club soda
  • ice
For my taste, that's a little too much syrup and cream. Also, I find that I like ginger ale rather than club soda (or some mix of the two).

The two brands of syrups I found (Torani and Monin) are both available at Jungle Jim's. On-line is cheaper with more variety in flavors but the shipping cost is too high.

Finally, I like to mix the cream and syrup together first to minimize stirring of the soda later ... loses its fizz. And don't make the rookie mistake of putting the ice in fist and then thinking you will be able to stir the thing.

2 comments:

ricki said...

as we have played with this more, we osmosed to 100% ginger ale rather than club soda.

Anonymous said...

The cream sodas were great, thanks for the recipe.

Nice pic Rick...